Please join our St. Peter family for worship service and other activities.
Check out Photos from VBS 2014: Weird Animals
(Monday, July 14 - Friday, July 18)
- * Visit the Christian Education page to check out a daily sampling of photos from VBS 2014: Weird Animals, which took place Monday,
July 14 through Friday, July 18.
- * A full selection of photographs is available at the Photos page of this website.
Attention LZHS Students:
2014-2015 Parking Spaces Now Available for Purchase
- * Lake Zurich High School students may now purchase St. Peter United Church of Christ parking spaces for the 2014-2015 school year.
- * Further details, including access to the required Parking Permit Liability Waiver and Applicant Information and Parking Rules (Parking Permit) forms, are provided on the LZHS Student Parking page of this website.
Sign Up for Worship in the Park and
Annual Church Picnic
(Sunday, July 27)
- * Mark your calendars for this year's Worship in the Park and church picnic, which will take place on Sunday, July 27 at Paulus Park in Lake Zurich. We will begin with worship in the park at 10 a.m., and the picnic will follow.
- * Hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, and hamburgers will be served, games will be played, and fellowship will be shared.
- * Please be sure to sign up on the bulletin board near the ladies’ room, so that we know how many hamburgers, etc. to buy; there will also be a sign-up for salads, snacks and desserts found there.
- * If anyone is interested in using the spray park and/or the beach, the charge is only $3 per person; please see Trina Verde or Sherry Marshall the day of the picnic for information.
- * We can use all the help we can get, from organizing to setting up to running games, and more. Contact Trina Verde or Sherry Marshall to volunteer your services.
Register for the Blau/Loomis Golf Classic
(Monday, August 11)
- * The 18th Annual Blau/Loomis Golf Classic is Monday, August 11 at the Lake Barrington Shores Golf Club.
- * Check-in is 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. (noon), with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m.
- * Cost is $130 per golfer, which includes 18-holes of golf with cart, soft drinks, and dinner.
- * Don’t golf but like to eat? You can still join us for dinner at the Club for just $20 ($10 for 65+).
- * Hole sponsorship is offered for $200.
- * The registration form for golf, dinner, and hole sponsorship can be downloaded by clicking here, and may also be found in the rack next to the church office.
- * This fundraiser is sponsored by St. Peter Men’s Fellowship, and proceeds go toward camping scholarships and mission trips for our youth.
- * Questions? Please contact Doug Deery or Randy Boyd.
"The Piecemakers" Quilting Ministry
- * Upcoming Quilt Raffle: You could win the quilt displayed in the above photo! Tickets for the quilt raffle will go on sale to the public at the Pieceful Gathering Quilt Show on Saturday, August 2, 2014. Tickets will also be available in the church office and at other church events, and will be sold before and after church services starting in October. The raffle drawing will take place on November 2, 2014.
- * If you've been wanting to make a difference with your quilting, "The Piecemakers" may be just what you're looking for. This ministry is open to everyone in the community (both church members and non-church members) who quilt, or wish to learn.
- * We meet on the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- * Photos from various ministry events may be viewed at the Photos page of this website.
- * The ministry is in need of supplies. Even if you aren't a quilter, donations of cash or cotton fabric are gratefully accepted. We've been blessed with support from several quilters, as well as donations from The Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop in Fox River Grove, for which we are very thankful. But we'll always be about one "sew-in" ahead of an empty fabric cupboard, so your help would be appreciated.
- * Wish to learn more about this ministry, or make a donation? Contact Stephanie Matz at