Please join our St. Peter family for worship service and other activities.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration
(Recorded Presentation Available Online)
- * A recorded version of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day celebration, which took place at St. Peter United Church of Christ on January 19, 2015, may be accessed online via the Special Events & Announcements page of this website.
Sermon Series on "The Question"
(Continues through February 15)
We are in the midst of a sermon series based on the premise of "If you could ask [the Bible, God, Jesus, etc.] anything, what would it be?" Information for the series is being collected via Facebook - you can participate by visiting the St. Peter UCC Facebook page, and inviting your friends to do the same.
The sermon series schedule is as follows:
- * January 11: The Bible Question
- * January 18: The God Question
- * January 25: The Jesus Question
- * February 1: The Gospel Question
- * February 8: The Church Question
- * February 15: The Future Question
"The Piecemakers" Quilting Ministry
(Free Classes Start on Saturday, February 7)
Piecemakers Charity Quilters of Lake Zurich
- * Starting on Saturday, February 7 (and continuing with the next 4 - 6 monthly sew-ins, as needed), we'll be setting aside specific space, time and quilters to teach quilting from A to Z. Specific details are provided at the Special Events & Announcements page of this website.
- * If you've been wanting to make a difference with your quilting, "The Piecemakers" may be just what you're looking for. This ministry is open to everyone in the community (both church members and non-church members) who quilt, or wish to learn.
- * We meet on the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- * Photos from various ministry events may be viewed at the Photos page of this website.
- * The ministry is in need of supplies. Even if you aren't a quilter, donations of cash or cotton fabric are gratefully accepted. We've been blessed with support from several quilters, as well as donations from The Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop in Fox River Grove, for which we are very thankful. But we'll always be about one "sew-in" ahead of an empty fabric cupboard, so your help would be appreciated.
- * Wish to learn more about this ministry, or make a donation? Contact Stephanie Matz at
- * Follow us on Facebook by clicking on the following link:
Ash Wednesday Service
(February 18 at 7:30 p.m.)
- * Ash Wednesday Service (including the imposition of ashes) will take place at 7:30 p.m. on February 18.
- * Invite a family member or friend to join us as we take a "spiritual inventory" in preparation for the Lenten season.
(Sunday, February 22)
- * The St. Peter UCC annual meeting will take place after worship service on Sunday, February 22.
- * It is the responsibility of church members to attend annual congregational meetings, where they may exercise the right, privilege and duty to vote on various topics.
- * The purpose of the meeting is to elect officers and committee members, and to approve the 2015-16 church budget.
Soup 'N Spirit Program
(Wednesday evenings throughout Lent)
Join us for Soup 'N Spirit this Lenten season. Beginning on February 25, our schedule each Wednesday evening starts with a simple soup supper at
6:15 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. At 6:45 p.m., the children go to their "Easter Garden" Lenten activities, while the youth and adults gather together for their program. This year's series is be based on a study entitled "The Renegade Gospel and the Rebel Jesus," by Pastor Michael Slaughter of the Ginghamsburg Church in Ohio.
Scheduled topics are as follows:
- * February 25: Discovering the Rebel Jesus
- * March 4: The Revolutionary Lifestyle
- * March 11: The Most Important Question You Will Ever Have to Answer
- * March 18: Seeing Jesus Today
- * March 25: The Way of the Cross
Attention LZHS Students:
2014-2015 Parking Spaces Available for Purchase
- * Lake Zurich High School students may purchase St. Peter United Church of Christ parking spaces for the 2014-2015 school year.
- * Further details, including access to the required Parking Permit Liability Waiver and Applicant Information and Parking Rules (Parking Permit) forms, are provided on the LZHS Student Parking page of this website.